- Open Registration for the Houston Marathon and Half begins tomorrow morning at 7:00a! There are several in our group planning to do the Houston full marathon in 2016. So we will have a training plan for that race! Here is more information about registration… http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/Races/Marathon/Registration.cfm
- We have leftover GU, Chews and Bars from Ironman that will be available Saturday morning!
- Be sure and like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-X-Running/840019859412397?fref=ts
- We need feedback on starting earlier in the heat of the summer. At the very least we will probably have a group of 6:00am starters who are doing longer mileage. Others can still run at 6:30.
- Saturday - 6:30am - H&H on Research
- This is our standard route thru East Shore
- You can see it has several options
- For those wanting to run 9 we can either add the loop by the lake in East Shore or come in the back way to H&H.
- It is getting hot! There will be water out at Denna’s house at 78 N. Bay Blvd. in East Shore. There is also water at Southshore Park and Town Green Park. Stay hydrated!
Thursday Run (standing weekly run)
- 5:00am - 3–5 mile options, most of us do 4 miles
- Forest Gate Park on S. Forestgate Dr. (Between Woodlands Pkwy & Flintridge), meet in the parking lot by the pool.
- Out and back route down Flintridge so you can set you own distance
Upcoming Weeks Training – A few of us are doing a half marathon in July. Below is the training schedule we will be using for the next six weeks. Of course there will be a base option of 6 to 8 miles each week and there is usually a 5 mile option as well.
June 6 9
June 13 11
June 20 12
June 27 10
July 4 8
July 11 RACE
Races – Popular and Important Events
- June 27 – Polish Pickle Run 5K Bremond
- July 4 – Baytown Heat Wave 5-mile
- July 11 – Old Port Half Marathon – Portland Maine (not so local)
- July 18 - Lunar Rendezvous 5K, NASA
- Aug 1 – Southern Star Brewery 5K, Conroe
- Oct 10 – Tenth Anniversary 10 For Texas